Take your Martial Arts training to the next level
World’s leading producer of Martial Arts instructionals & training videos
The very best coaches from around the globe!
World Level Dutch Kickboxing – High Volume Striking with Ernesto Hoost
Ernesto Hoost is considered to be one of the greatest Kickboxer’s of all time. The Dutch fighter is a four time K-1 World Champion, ISKA World Champion and Savate World Champion. In this, his first ever instructional volume with the Warrior Collective, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains – Power Pad Work, Hard Hitting Kicks, Fast Counter Attacks, Boxing Give & Take Drills, K-1 Give & Take Drills and High Volume Sparring Drills.
World Level Dutch Kickboxing - High Volume Striking with Ernesto Hoost
Ernesto Hoost is considered to be one of the greatest Kickboxer's of all time. The Dutch fighter is a four time K-1 World Champion, ISKA World Champion and Savate World Champion. Referred to by many as "Mr Low Kick", Ernesto was renowned for his hard hitting low kicks and consistent ability at causing huge damage on high level opponents with them. His highly aggressive, high volume striking style was one of the early bench marks of what is now referred to as world level Dutch Kickboxing.
Hoost was born in Heemskerk, North Holland, to parents from Suriname. In K-1 Grand Prix '93, the inaugural K-1 World Grand Prix, Hoost defeated Peter Aerts by decision in the quarterfinals, knocked out Maurice Smith in the semifinals, and advanced to the tournament final where he was knocked out by Branko Cikatic. Hoost got another shot at a title on 19 December 1993, when he won the K-2 World Championship, knocking out Changpuek Kiatsongrit in four rounds. This was the only time the K-1 organisation held a K-2 tournament.
Hoost reached the K-1 World Grand Prix Finals again in 1995, but lost to Peter Aerts by a four-round decision. He went on to win every fight the remainder of that year. In 1996, he lost at the K-1 World Grand Prix 1996 finals to Andy Hug by a five-round split decision. He finally became K-1 World Champion in 1997 when he beat Hug by a three-round unanimous decision.
Ernesto has fought and won against some of the World's elite level fighters, including the likes of Peter Aerts, Jerome Le Banner, Ray Sefo, Mark Hunt, Andy Hug and Musashi. His record stands at 99 wins out of 121 fights, winning 62 of those by knock out.
Here, for the first time ever, he has filmed an in-depth volume of work showcasing his unique approach to coaching
World Level Dutch Kickboxing - High Volume Striking
In it, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains - Power Pad Work, Hard Hitting Kicks, Fast Counter Attacks, Boxing Give & Take Drills, K-1 Give & Take Drills and High Volume Sparring Drills.
So, whether you are looking to take your own personal game to the next level or want to develop further as a coach, you will find this volume of work indispensable.
This video includes:
- Power Pad Work. To develop power in your striking, you have to train pad work specifically with this in mind.
- KO Combinations. A multitude of aggressive striking set pieces to work on the pads to help develop both endurance and explosiveness.
- Mr Low Kick. Ernesto's personal framework for delivering devastating low kicks with both legs and how to set them up effectively.
- Liver Kick/Guard Destruction. Drills to ensure you correctly target different parts of the body with your kicks for maximum damage and impact.
- Head Kick Set Ups. How to hide and set up BIG head kicks without your opponent realising your intent.
- Fast Counters. A systematic approach to using a variety of different fast counter attacks to all of your opponents main weapons.
- Lock and Load. A framework of drills to train so that you can intercept and steal back the momentum of attack from even the most aggressive of fighters.
- Boxing Development. Boxing only give and take drills to train for speed, explosiveness, endurance and level changing.
- K-1 Drills. A series of give and take drills to work specifically for K-1 style rule sets where low kicks are allowed.
- Block and Counter. A number of drills to develop your intensity of returning shots against different styles of fighter's attacks.
- High Volume Sparring. A complete system for breaking down sparring to ensure high volume and attacking is developed for high level fighting.
- Linking Ranges. How to use different styles of attack to break down your opponent i.e. kicks against punches on the break.
- And more….
Below is an extract from the series. This clip is from Video 6 – High Volume Sparring Drills
Find out for yourself why Sokudo Gym head instructor Ernesto Hoost is one of the most sought after Kickboxing coaches in the world, purchase your copy of World Level Dutch Kickboxing - High Volume Striking with Ernesto Hoost today!! Here, you can also learn more about all the other exceptional exceptional Muay Thai, Kickboxing, MMA and Boxing Instructionals featured on the Warrior Collective!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.