Take your Martial Arts training to the next level
World’s leading producer of Martial Arts instructionals & training videos
The very best coaches from around the globe!
Jiu Jitsu for MMA – Adapting Grappling for the Cage with Peter Irving
Peter Irving is a hugely respected and well known UK MMA fighter, BJJ black belt and head coach of Itaipava Jiu Jitsu in Newcastle. Jiu Jitsu for MMA is something he is hugely passionate about. In this, only his second ever instructional volume with the Warrior Collective, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains – Solo Drills, Ukemi for MMA, Guard for MMA, Striking from Guard, Effective Back Control, Leg Rides and Pins, Hand Trapping and Dominating the Mount.
Jiu Jitsu for MMA - Adapting Grappling for the Cage with Peter Irving
Peter Irving is a hugely respected and well known UK MMA fighter, BJJ black belt and head coach of Itaipava Jiu Jitsu in Newcastle. MMA training is something he is hugely passionate about. As a vastly experienced striker and grappler, he knows that these skills alone will not simply just translate over into MMA fights without adaption. Adapting sport based Jiu Jitsu for MMA with regards to improving grappling for the cage is something he has been developing over the past decade to help his fighters and students understand how they can best transfer their existing skill sets into high level fights. Whether it be his in-depth frameworks for pinning, trapping or ground and pound or for his ability to nullify opponents attacks, his meticulous coaching and methods are now much sought after the world over.
Peter Irving began training in 2001, fighting on small regional events, and made his professional MMA debut in 2003 on Cagewarriors 4. At the beginning of 2004 Pete made the move to Brazil, studying under Master Crezio de Souza, a legendary figure in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Brazilian wrestling team member and pioneer of Vale-Tudo (anything goes) fighting. Whilst in Brazil Pete competed extensively in Gi and no-gi competition, fighting in the copa do Brasil and the Mundials.
After dedicating two years completely to studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, Pete returned to Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts in December 2005, becoming 2x Strike and Submit British MMA champion, and facing top European opposition to become 2x Strike and Submit European MMA champion and 3x Xth Legion European MMA champion, with wins over top American middleweight champion Reggie Cardiel, top Danish fighter Morten Djursaa, UFC fighter Reza Madadi, M-1 champion Daniel Weichel, Cagewarriors champion Ivan Musardo, TUF competitor Nordin Asrih, and Iceland’s Arni Isaakson
Pete made the move to the K-1 rules style of Thaiboxing in 2012, capturing the UCMMA UK-1 Welterweight belt, the XFS super middleweight title and the ICO super middleweight British title under the tutelage of Semtex gym coaches Steve Gladstone and Kieran Keddle. Pete received his black belt in BJJ from World Champion Leo Negao and his black belt in Chinese boxing from his MMA coach and mentor Alan Orr in 2011. Peter is now a 3rd Degree Black Belt in CSL Chinese Boxing San Da under Alan Orr.
Here, for only his second time ever, he has filmed an in-depth volume of work showcasing his unique approach to coaching
Jiu Jitsu for MMA - Adapting Grappling for the Cage
In it, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains - Solo Drills, Ukemi for MMA, Guard for MMA, Striking from Guard, Effective Back Control, Leg Rides and Pins, Hand Trapping and Dominating the Mount.
So, whether you are looking to take your own personal game to the next level or want to develop further as a coach, you will find this volume of work indispensable.
This video includes:
- Solo Training Drills. A multitude of different drills and skills a fighter should be training religiously on their own each week to improve their bio mechanics and kinetic movement.
- Ukemi for MMA. How to use traditional and MMA specific Ukemi to drill both attacking and defensive movements in order to accelerate physical development.
- Jiu Jitsu for MMA. Understand how the landscape changes vastly on the floor in MMA with regards to Jiu Jitsu once striking is allowed.
- Closed Guard. Passing guard is not always what you want to do in MMA. Learn how to utilise guard for pins and effective striking in order to finish fights quickly.
- Guard for MMA. A complete framework for different styles of guard you can use within the cage that maximises your ability to both strike and submit without the risk of losing position.
- Ground and Pound. A full systemised approach to ground and pound from every position on the ground for both power shots and disrupting strikes.
- The Downsides to the Back. An in-depth look at how regular back control tactics for sport Jiu Jitsu can be a hinderance in MMA.
- Effective Back Control. A complete framework for how to work from the back effectively for strikes, submissions and wrestling based mat returns.
- Leg Rides. How to leg ride your opponent to maintain optimum control and base for striking whilst wrestling for position, pinning or scrambling.
- Pins. Pinning an opponent to finish with ground and pound is an optimum way to work in MMA. Learn the high percentage ways in which to work this game plan.
- Hand Trapping. How to trap your opponents hands and arms to set up strikes from different positions whilst ensuring control and leverage is maintained.
- Dominating the Mount. How to dominate the mount position utilising strikes and submissions without losing position and reducing your opponents ability to escape.
- And more….
Below is an extract from the series. This clip is from Video 4 – Striking from Guard
Find out for yourself why Peter Irving is one of the most sought after MMA and BJJ coaches in the world, purchase your copy of Jiu Jitsu for MMA - Adapting Grappling for the Cage with Peter Irving! Here, you can also learn more about his amazing first volume "MMA Training - Cage Craft for Dominating Fights", as well as all the other exceptional exceptional MMA, Wrestling, and BJJ Instructionals featured on the Warrior Collective!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.