Take your Martial Arts training to the next level
World’s leading producer of Martial Arts instructionals & training videos
The very best coaches from around the globe!
MMA Training – Cage Craft for Dominating Fights with Peter Irving
Peter Irving is a hugely respected and well known UK MMA fighter, BJJ black belt and head coach of Itaipava Jiu Jitsu in Newcastle. MMA training is something he is hugely passionate about. In this, his first ever instructional volume with the Warrior Collective, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains – Lines of Defence, Wrestling Counters to Striking, Covering Takedowns, Clinch Fighting, Fighting off the Wall, Defending & Reversing, Takedowns & Counters and Working the Body Lock.
MMA Training - Cage Craft for Dominating Fights with Peter Irving
Peter Irving is a hugely respected and well known UK MMA fighter, BJJ black belt and head coach of Itaipava Jiu Jitsu in Newcastle. MMA training is something he is hugely passionate about. As a vastly experienced striker and grappler, he knows that these skills alone will not simply just translate over into MMA fights without adaption. Cage craft then is something he has developed over the past decade to help his fighters and students understand how they can best transfer their existing skill sets into MMA fights or competition. Whether it be his in-depth framework for utilising the cage wall for success or his ability to nullify opponents attacks, his meticulous coaching and methods are now much sought after the world over.
Peter Irving began training in 2001, fighting on small regional events, and made his professional MMA debut in 2003 on Cagewarriors 4. At the beginning of 2004 Pete made the move to Brazil, studying under Master Crezio de Souza, a legendary figure in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Brazilian wrestling team member and pioneer of Vale-Tudo (anything goes) fighting. Whilst in Brazil Pete competed extensively in Gi and no-gi competition, fighting in the copa do Brasil and the Mundials.
After dedicating two years completely to studying Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, Pete returned to Muay Thai and Mixed Martial Arts in December 2005, becoming 2x Strike and Submit British MMA champion, and facing top European opposition to become 2x Strike and Submit European MMA champion and 3x Xth Legion European MMA champion, with wins over top American middleweight champion Reggie Cardiel, top Danish fighter Morten Djursaa, UFC fighter Reza Madadi, M-1 champion Daniel Weichel, Cagewarriors champion Ivan Musardo, TUF competitor Nordin Asrih, and Iceland’s Arni Isaakson
Pete made the move to the K-1 rules style of Thaiboxing in 2012, capturing the UCMMA UK-1 Welterweight belt, the XFS super middleweight title and the ICO super middleweight British title under the tutelage of Semtex gym coaches Steve Gladstone and Kieran Keddle. Pete received his black belt in BJJ from World Champion Leo Negao and his black belt in Chinese boxing from his MMA coach and mentor Alan Orr in 2011. Peter is now a 3rd Degree Black Belt in CSL Chinese Boxing San Da under Alan Orr.
Here, for the first time ever, he has filmed an in-depth volume of work showcasing his unique approach to coaching
MMA Training - Cage Craft for Dominating Fights
In it, he goes through step by step, a whole manner of amazing coaching content, knowledge and drills he personally likes to utilise regularly with the world class fighters he trains - Lines of Defence, Wrestling Counters to Striking, Covering Takedowns, Clinch Fighting, Fighting off the Wall, Defending & Reversing, Takedowns & Counters and Working the Body Lock.
So, whether you are looking to take your own personal game to the next level or want to develop further as a coach, you will find this volume of work indispensable.
This video includes:
- Lines of Defence. A look at the layers of defence typically utilised by fighters defending takedowns in the centre of the cage.
- MMA Striking Defence. How to use traditional and MMA specific defences to nullify your opponents strikes.
- Wrestling > Striking. A multitude of different ways to counter your opponent when they look to attack via their most favoured strikes.
- Floor Control. How to land in dominate positions and control on the floor to continue causing damage via strikes or progress to submissions.
- The 50/50 tie. A complete framework for developing an understanding of the 50/50 over/under clinch position in the centre or against the cage wall
- Physical Controls. How to be physical above your weight class in order to control or reverse your opponent onto the cage wall.
- Using the Wall. An in-depth look at how to use the cage wall to pin, strike and takedown for maximum damage using the MMA rule set.
- Defending the Wall. A complete framework for how to defend takedown attempts and controls against the cage wall from the floor to standing.
- Reversing & Counters. How to reverse and submit fighters who are trying to pin you against the cage wall.
- Takedowns. A multitude of different takedown options from Peter's complete system of using wrestling against the cage wall.
- Taking the Back. How to force the back take against the wall in order to set up both high impact throws and low energy takedowns.
- Body Lock. How to fight effectively for the body lock and then utilise a systematic tool kit of attacks once it has been taken.
- And more….
Below is an extract from the series. This clip is from Video 8 – Working the Body Lock
Find out for yourself why Peter Irving is one of the most sought after MMA and BJJ coaches in the world, purchase your copy of MMA Training - Cage Craft for Dominating Fights with Peter Irving!! Here, you can also learn more about his other full length instructional volume "Jiu Jitsu for MMA - Adapting Grappling for the Cage" and all the other exceptional exceptional MMA, Wrestling, and BJJ Instructionals featured on the Warrior Collective!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.